PSYCHOLOGY FACULTY (INSTITUTE OF PSYCHOLOGY AND PEDAGOGY)
Since its foundation the Faculty has trained more than 5,000 specialists in Psychology, Preschool Education, elementary school teachers and social care teachers.
The Faculty consists of 4 departments:
- General and Applied Psychology Department;
- Developmental and Educational Psychology Department;
- Psychophysiology and Clinical Psychology Department;
- Pedagogy and Pedagogical Technologies Department.
Graduates of the Faculty work at kindergartens and schools, in structures of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and at the customs service, in the armed forces and in the judicial structures, at industrial enterprises, trade organizations, in the state and local governments, in medical institutions, research organizations and institutes of higher education.
There are 51 professors at the Faculty, among them – 14 Doctors of Science and 32 Candidates of Science. The Faculty is well equipped. There are more than 80,000 books on specialized subjects in the Faculty’s library. The University provides residence campus for its students, which is located in the next door building. It has dining-halls and gymnasiums as well as a swimming pool for students.
BACHELOR’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES
• 37.03.01 Psychology
• 37.05.01 Clinical Psychology
• 44.03.01 Pedagogical Education (elementary school education)
• 44.03.01 Pedagogical Education (preschool education)
• 44.03.01 Pedagogical Education (social pedagogy)
• 44.03.02 Psychological and Pedagogical Education (psychology and pedagogy of elementary school education, psychology and pedagogy of preschool education, psychology and social pedagogy)
MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES
• 37.04.01 Psychology
• 050100.68 Pedagogical Education (education management)
• 19.00.03 Industrial Psychology, Engineering Psychology, Ergonomics
• 19.00.04 Medical Psychology
• 19.00.07 Pedagogical Psychology
• 19.00.13 Developmental Psychology; Acmeology
• 13.00.01 General Pedagogy, History of Pedagogy and Education
• 13.00.08 Theory and Methodology of Professional Education
JOB PLACEMENT AND CAREER
During their learning period the students have training practice and get recommendations in educational institutions of St. Petersburg, divisions of EMERCOM of Russia and the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the Ministry of Defense, etc. Our graduates, depending on their profile training, can work as elementary school teachers, pre-school teachers, social care teachers, special education teachers, experts in the education committee, school psychologists, industrial psychologists, EMERCOM psychologists, psychologists in medical institutions, academic researchers and university teachers. Some students work in the structures of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and take service in the RF armed forces. Due to the longstanding relations with potential employers, the Faculty shows high rate in graduates’ job placement.
188502, Leningrad Oblast, Lomonosovsky District, Gorbunki Village, 27
Telephone number: (812) 346-55-58