The Department is a leading supervisor in pilot testing innovative educational models.
We also host a school of thought “Acmeological Approach in Education” headed by Professor Valeria Maksimova. 12 theses with the acmeological approach as a theoretical and methodological basis for research have been defended at our Department over the last 5 years.
The Department annually holds its own sub-conference under Pushkin Leningrad State University’s Tsarskoe Selo Readings: “Cutting-edge educational management in continuous professional development”.
The Head of the Department is Andrei M. Pyrski (Full Professor, Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences).
The Department’s academic activities include:
- Dual degree programme in Organizational Management for educationalists (part-time basis)
- Career training and retraining programmes at Pushkin Leningrad State University other educational institutions of Leningrad Region
- Staff training of high-level skills in Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professors training, Ph.D. candidates training, aspirants for specializations
Distinguished professors of the Department
- Andrei M. Pyrski (Full Professor, Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, corresponding member of Academy of Acmeological Sciences)
- Valeria N. Maksimova (Full Professor, Doctor of Pedagogic Sciences, corresponding member of the Academy of Pedagogical and Social Sciences and the Academy of Acmeological Sciences)
- Nataliya M. Poletaieva (Full Professor, Doctor of Pedagogic Sciences, corresponding member of the Academy of Pedagogical and Social Sciences and the Academy of Acmeological Sciences, expert in Valeology)